Satyanarayan Puja Prasad Preparation
Satyanarayan Puja is a ceremony performed by Hindus before or after major occasions like marriage, naming ceremony and house warming ceremony. All the devotees believe that all the wishes and desires would be fulfilled by observing Satyanarayan Swami Vrata. It can also be performed on any day for any purpose. However, Satyanarayan Swami Puja is performed usually on the Poornima day of every month; it can also be done on special occasions or at the time of achievements to show a respect and reverence to Lord Vishnu.
The Puja starts with a prayer of Lord Ganesha who is a remover of all obstacles. Lord Ganesha Puja is done by chanting the mantras of Lord Ganesha and offering Prasad like Modaka and Ladoo. After Ganesha Puja, the priest would start reading Satyanarayan Kath which contains 5 chapters. After reading all 5 chapters (Katha’s) of Satyanarayan Swami, distribution of Satynarayan Puja Prasad is done.
Sheera or Halwa for Satyanarayan Puja:
Satyanarayan Puja Prasad preparation is made with semolina, sugar, ghee, milk etc. The Satyanarayan Maha Puja Prasad preparation is similar to Semolina Sheera or Sajige or Halwa.
Satyanarayan Puja Prasad Preparation:
- Chiroti Rava/Sooji 1 Cup
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Ghee ¼ Cup
- Milk 2 ½ Cups
- Cardamoms 2 [Finely powdered]
- Raisins and Cashews
Instructions to prepare Satyanarayan Puja Prasad:
- Place a thick bottom pan or kadai on medium flame and add 4tbsp of Ghee in a pan. Once the ghee melted add raisins and cashews till they become fried and transfer them into a small vessel.
- Now add Semolina or Chiroti Rava to the same pan and fry it until it gets a nice aroma.
- To the same Pan or Kadai, add 2 cups of milk and allow it to boil nicely. Then add 1 cup of sugar to the boiled milk and allow sugar to dissolve.
- Add roasted Rava slowly to the boiled milk and stir evenly. Adding Semolina slowly avoids the formation of lumps. And cook for about 4 to 5 minutes till the milk gets evaporated properly.
- Add left over Ghee, roasted Raisins, Cardamom powder to the pan and stir well.
- Now Satyanarayan Puja Prasad preparation has completed and it is ready for navaidya (offering) to Shri Satyanarayan Swami.
- Roast the Semolina or Rava nicely otherwise it’s taste become sticky.
- Some of them add a pinch of edible camphor in South India Satyanarayan Puja Prasad preparation because it tastes really good.
- If you are using Semolina or Chiroti Rava of the stated quantity, the mentioned quantum of water and milk is fine. If you are using more than the mentioned Semolina, add extra water milk otherwise Prasad would become very dry.
- This Satyanarayan Puja Prasad preparation process consumes very less time. Sajige or Semolina Halwa is a heart favourite for many people because it tastes very nice. Moreover, it can be stored in fridge for 3-4 days.